Monday, October 01, 2007

WINDOW WATER BABY MOVING

Oof -- Brakhage could make a film. The best news I've heard recently is that four Brakhage films from the 1950s are included in the release of Kino's second volume of avant-garde films. My heart sank a little when I read this at the bottom of Kino's page on the set: "Music composed and performed by Sue Harshe, Larry Marotta and Jon C. Mirsalis."

Two of the films were made with sound: 'Interim,' Brakhage's first film, was scored on piano by James Tenney, and 'The Way To Shadow Garden' has an "unsettling soundtrack of whistles, creaks, and moans" similar to that of 'Desistfilm.' If the other two are given scores by one of the aforementioned composers, oh baby, shoot me. It's an artistic tampering of the worst kind.

The artwork for the latest AASC mix was finished this evening. Recording has been going well and I may have a little EP by winter but I don't want to speak too soon. Also, "Goodbye My Friend" by Guido & Maurizio De Angelis is the whip.

No comments: