Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WHAT IS TRUTH, REALLY?!?!?

So, I've been thinking about trying Red Bull Cola (RBC) for some time now but Red Bull is not something I've ever really liked (nor is cola now that I think about it). A couple weeks back, I bought a can of RBC along with a can of Purple Stuff on the way to Easter dinner, drank the Purple Stuff and forgot the can of RBC at Erin's mom's house. It's probably still there and I'll probably still drink it despite having just finished my first can which gets an emphatic two thumbs down! [Note: Red Bull Cola has nothing to do with the Tall Man.]

Erin and I have listened to Quintron every day since the show and I'm thinking about devoting an entire week to nothing but the Born Bad compilation series (subtitled: Songs The Cramps Taught Us). Someone asked me to play a show but I had to turn it down which stinks but got me thinking about putting a set together. A musical set, that is. Lots to be inspired by right now. 

Speaking of sets, here's a half-hour DJ set from last Saturday's Permanent Green Light. Thanks to Robert Wells for the second Donald Byrd track.

4 comments:

rs wells said...

You're welcome! And also for the Little Beaver track that starts off the mix, no? "Listen To My Heartbeat." Big Northern Rob spin, that one!

rs wells said...

Or was the Little Beaver track on some other PGL mix, then? The one I heard started off with that one and ended with Raj talking/hyping for a couple minutes on da mic...

FJ said...

What I've got posted here is just a half-hour from the longer mix Chuck posted. It starts with two Donald Byrd songs. The much longer thing Chuck posted on his site is all three of us starting, I think, with Chuck's records.

The file I've got linked is corrected (one turntable was quieter than the other) and slightly amplified.

Brian said...

RBC = Garbage. As a fan of cola it's near the bottom.