Sunday, October 26, 2008

BLEAK RITUAL MOOD

So, all that worrying about Dark Matter was for naught: it sold out beyond capacity by 1am. Erin arrived just after 10pm to work the door, expecting a couple slow hours of mingling and occasionally taking $3 from the evening's patrons. Instead, she was swamped from 10:30pm until I took over at 1am, at which point all I could do was turn people away. Total shocker. Anyway, Robert and Aaron did sets together, trading off one-to-one I believe, while Raj and I did solo sets. The four of us were pretty on -- there was a cohesive vibe throughout the night but I regret not pulling out much, if any, surf/kraut/weird shit. Alas, there will be another Dark Matter.

It occurred to me only hours after two friends asked if they could get into DM for free that the door charge was a meager fuckin' three bucks and that -- TEN YEARS AGO -- I was charging $3 at my bands' shows. I don't exactly know what's fair but I feel like a bit of a chump. Then I remember: I can't be mad, we're in a recession. ::cough::

Anyway, the Benoit 7"s should be here any minute...

LISTENING Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime

No comments: