Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PROFONDO ROSSO

Watching Deep Red at the moment and it's absolutely killer. Missing many scenes, yes. The worst wide-to-fullscreen transfer, definitely. The leading man isn't half bad but totally unconvincing during a laughable scene in which he goes off on an anti-feminist tangent. [Speaking of feminism, was Hillary Clinton's DNC speech the first feminist speech at a national convention? Dang.] Anyway, I hesitate to say it's better than Suspiria because at some point I went from being an Argento fan to being a Goblin fan and haven't watched an Argento film in years (also, I almost puked whilst watching Suspiria). That said, the soundtrack is so excellent that I hate myself for not picking it up on vinyl when I had the chance. Anyway, here's the creepiest fucking scene:

No comments: